Municipality of Planning and Development – Ajman adopted the directives of the federal and local government, and the department’s strategy was aligned with Ajman 2021 vision through the axis of a better place to live and focus on achieving 5 sectoral goals in cooperation with strategic partners, in addition to adopting the goals of the national agenda aligned with the department’s competencies and tasks as well as adopting competitive indicators such as the building permits index . Based on the strategic management methodology adopted by the department, the strategy was launched in the first partners’ council in March 2019 in the presence of His Highness the Crown Prince of Ajman and the department’s leadership councils.
The department is keen to translate the visions and aspirations of its strategy by working with its sectors in a diligent and continuous manner to ensure the achievement of strategic outcomes.
In the environment and public health sector, and based on the department’s strategy, air quality strategy and marine environment strategy, the department has identified sectoral and strategic projects and initiatives in coordination with partners, which are:
1. Installing an integrated air quality monitoring network from reference stations accredited by EPA, covering the city of Ajman, Manama and Masfoot.
2. Develop and launch an air quality strategy in the Emirate in coordination with the concerned partners.
3. Completion of the gas emissions inventory project in the emirate with the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change
4. Imposing the installation of gaseous emissions treatment systems according to the highest international standards for facilities that emit emissions that affect air quality in cooperation with the free zone
5. The installation of a medical waste treatment plant that contains advanced filtration systems that ensure that no air emissions are emitted with the Eames Group.
6. Al-Naseem Reserve and the planting of (2,717) environmental trees during three years
7. Al-Zawraa Reserve and the planting of 10,000 environmental trees.
8. Registration in the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands.
9. Developing the competencies of the inspectors through the Ajman Public Health Program (APHP) with the scientific partner of the program, TSI. The department is also developing an environmental sustainability strategy in cooperation with partners and developing an air quality policy and a water quality policy within the 2019-2021 strategy.
In the infrastructure sector, the department approved the urban plan in 2015. Accordingly, all initiatives and projects that will contribute to achieving the urban plan realization indicator were identified, including:
1. The comprehensive urban plan project and the comprehensive study of transport and roads for the city of Ajman 2030
2. The comprehensive urban plan project and the comprehensive study of transportation and roads for Masfout and Manama 2030.
3. Modernization and preparation of the comprehensive urban plan 2040
4. The initiative to develop strategic and general plans and detailed plans to meet the needs of the population in terms of infrastructure, housing and community facilities
5. Implementation of a number of projects related to the development of infrastructure, internal roads and lighting projects in the Emirate, which contributes to public satisfaction with the public services for the residents of the Emirate of Ajman.